Thursday, January 23, 2014

Lure on Latrobe @ Paddington

The summer is back. uhhh. 

Thank God I'm done with my summer courses assignments! And there comes my final exams in two weeks time. :( Clare has been slacking throughout the whole summer semester and she is now regretting while doing her last minute work -.- AGAIN, I am again doing last minute revision. 

I should never ever do that again next semester - the promise that I should not promise aye? 

Anyways, brunch / / Lure on Latrobe

It started with a random text: HEY I'M SO HUNGRY let's go for brunch.  Okay so on the sunny and windy Saturday we rocked up to Paddington with an empty tummy and camera.  Lure on Latrobe it is!  It rolls out a new menu in the beginning of the year and we decided to give it a go. 

Paddington is a great place with beautiful scenery and good food. It definitely provides a feast for the senses!  Check out my previous brunch @Paddington here: Anouk Cafe

Firstly, beverages to wet the whistle!!! It wasn't a hot day but we were craving for cold drinks.  Summer coffee and Mango Smoothies are refreshing to wake us up.  Initially I wanted to order Iced Coffee with no ice cream, but the waiter recommended me this summer coffee, which is basically the iced drip cold coffee with skimmed milk.

Oh the staffs are super approachable and treat customers like their friends!
 We were asked to wait for a couple more minutes when they were getting ready for lunch menu. Both of us had opted for a healthier version!

Rootveg and Slow Roasted Lamb Salad. 
I have my heart set on this plate of salad, oh well, I love salad.
The roasted pumpkin and sweet potato can fuel you up; the roasted lamb was smothered in the sweet and tangy mint yoghurt dressing and hey! there's my favourite chickpeas :p

Slow Roasted Lamb and Baked Atlantic Salmon Salad. 
I reckon salmon is the most versatile fish to work with in the kitchen, one can simply baked a perfect salmon after trials and errors.  I personally think that this atlantic salmon was over baked - I like a thick band of light pink in the middle, ahaha, I love sashimi, I could have them RAW. roarrr.

It is a great lunch deal! You get to choose two salads for a small salad plate at a price of $16 while three salads for large salad plate at $20.


Truly satisfying. Definitely worth a revisit!



Lure on Latrobe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Clare,

I've added a new feature so you can publish your blog posts on Urbanspoon yourself without having to wait for us to do it! Next time you post a review, give it a try. Here's how:

- Make sure you're signed into Urbanspoon.
- Go to your Urbanspoon blog page (not your user profile): https://www.urbanspoon.com/br/337/9915/Brisbane/This-is-Clare.html
- Click "Edit blog settings".
- In the Pending Posts section, click "Edit and publish my pending posts".
- Then, enter the "snippet" text, verify the date and URL, and press Publish.

Please make sure that:
- The URL should be the permalink to the blog post (not the blog home page, a post preview, or a service like feedproxy).
- The snippet should be 2-3 sentences (quoted from your blog post) that gives an idea of what's in the post.
- The snippet should NOT include bylines, dates, address info, captions, tags, HTML code, etc.

Note: there may be a delay of 1-2 hours after you post on your blog until our system detects the post.

We'll give you one week to do it yourself, then it'll go into our queue to publish.

Thank you for all of your contributions, and let me know if you have any questions.

Greg

www.urbanspoon.com

--
greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com